Developed at Hyundai's Namyang R&D centre in South Korea, the company claims that the car has been designed for the Indian market and taking feedback from thousands of prospective customers.
The new Hyundai Grand i10 will come in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol variant is powered by the same 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine that powers the i10 and the i20. The petrol variant uses Dual VTVT to produce 83 PS of power at 6000 RPM and 114 Nm of torque at 4000 RPM. It is mated to 5-speed manual and automatic transmissions. The ARAI certified mileage for the petrol powered Grand i10 is 18.9 km/l.
The diesel engine variant gets a newly developed 1.1-liter U2 CRDi mill which outputs 71 PS of power at 4000 RPM and 160 Nm of torque at 4000 RPM. This engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and boasts of class leading 24 km/l ARAI mileage.
The Grand i10 has Fluidic design language and and looks as contemporary as any other modern day Hyundai. The car has been launched in four variants – Era, Magna, Sports, Asta and Asta (O) in eight colour options.
The Indian version of the car is 100mm longer than its European counterpart. The car comes with 256 litres of boot space along with attractive exteriors.
The Hyundai Grand i10 comes with three segment unique features – rear AC vents, integrated 2-DIN MP3 audio system with in-built 1 GB memory and 2-tone design diamond cut alloy wheels.
Other significant features of the Grand i10 include multifunction steering wheel with Bluetooth, smart key with push button start/stop, rear parking sensors, tilt steering, leather steering wheel, audio and trip meter controls, auto folding outside rear view mirrors with electric adjust, turn indicators on mirrors, cooled glove box, rear spoiler, auto down function for driver side power window, chrome door handles, rear defogger, rear washer and wiper, driver seat height adjust, body side moulding, roof rails, front and rear power outlets, dual airbags and ABS.
The Grand i10 will compete against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ritz, Honda Brio and Chevrolet Beat in the Indian market.
Hyundai Grand i10 Price (ex-showroom, Delhi and introductory) –
Grand i10 Petrol
* Grand i10 Era – Rs. 4.30 lakh
* Grand i10 Magna – Rs. 4.50 lakh
* Grand i10 Sportz – Rs. 4.89 lakh
* Grand i10 Asta (O) – Rs. 5.48 lakh
Grand i10 Diesel
* Grand i10 Era – Rs. 5.24 lakh
* Grand i10 Magna – Rs. 5.43 lakh
* Grand i10 Sportz – Rs. 5.83 lakh
* Grand i10 Asta (O) – Rs. 6.42 lakh
From Our Network
- When Khans don’t why does Akshay Kumar act in slapstick comedy like ‘Housefull 3’? The Khiladi answers
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Grocery shopping, book reading and more: What Nawabi couple Saif and Kareena did in London (See pics)
- Watch: Wanted in India, Vijay Mallya enjoys IPL final in London
- Watch: After RCB lose IPL final, Gayle grooves to Michael Jackson’s tune