It runs on the Facebook Home user interface that sits on top of the Google Android Jelly Bean operating system. The HTC First is the first Facebook Home user interface powered smartphone which aims to impart the best experience of the social network service to the users.
Alongside the launch of HTC First, Facebook will also make the new user interface available on the Google Play store for other Android users. Those having Facebook application on their Android device will get a notification for the same as well.
The Facebook Home application is likely to be in the basic working condition first off as most of the devices have not been optimised for that but users will be getting newer features via upgrade in following months.
The HTC First smartphone features a 4.3-inch touchscreen display with 720p HD resolution natively. This smartphone houses a 1.4 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 processor along with 1 GB RAM. The phone features a 5 megapixel modest camera at the back and a 1.6 megapixel front facing camera. There will be 16 GB of Internal memory but has no memory card slot for expandable storage. The phone will offer WiFi as well as Bluetooth 4.0 along with NFC and 4G network connectivity.
From Our Network
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Facebook rolls out ‘Hindi Transliteration’ feature to let users type in Devanagari
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut