“...There is no account in the name Mr Naresh Goyal in the Swiss bank as has been alleged. Besides, Mr Naresh Goyal has been an NRI since January 1991. He is entitled to have bank accounts India.
“The suggestion that there has been any unaccounted money stashed away in Swiss accounts is entirely false,” a statement issued by Jet Airways said.
The carrier said Goyal is an NRI and had received a routine enquiry letter from the Income Tax Department regarding a bank account at HSBC Geneva of M/S Tailwinds Ltd, a company based in the Isle of Man.
“The existence of the company M/S Tailwinds is fully disclosed to various departments of the government of India. All questions have been satisfactorily replied to the Income Tax Department,” it said.
From Our Network
- Rajan as much a patriot as anybody else: PM Modi snubs Swamy
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- India deserves NSG membership, US will convince all 48 nations: US Ambassador Richard Verma
- Humour has vanished from public discourse: PM Modi takes a dig at ‘intolerance’
- Deepika Padukone talks about her experience on working with Vin Diesel, says ‘It was amazing’