Google has partnered with e-commerce Myntra.com and Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan to bring Shoppable Hangout on Google+ to India, a statement on Friday said.
A Google+ 'Shoppable Hangout' On Air enables up to 10 people to interact with each other on a multi-person video chat that is broadcast live to millions online, while allowing all the viewers to simultaneously shop, chat and comment.
Using this Hangout, designers or retailers can publicly broadcast a multi-person video chat about their products while customers simultaneously browse through the exclusive catalogue.
"The Shoppable Hangout will provide users with a brand new online shopping experience, which will be like shopping Hrithik's clothing line with him at your side, except from participants' living rooms," Google India Industry Director Nitin Bawankule said.
Besides products hosted on Myntra.com, the Hangout will also feature Hrithik's clothing line, HRX. It will allow fans to shop and chat with Hrithik online.
"Marrying the power of technology, social media, and e-commerce, we will provide our customers a novel, more personal, and interactive way to shop online on Myntra.com," Myntra CMO Vikas Ahuja said.
Roshan said he will use the opportunity to interact with his fans and shoppers to showcase his clothing line
From Our Network
- Did you know before ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’, Aishwarya and Ranbir worked together in a movie 17 years ago?
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Lalchand Rajput named Afghanistan head coach
- Sourav Ganguly wasn't even present during my interview, says Ravi Shastri
- Scottish govt wants to continue with EU, seeks immediate discussion