They have aptly demonstrated their grit and passion in making their presence felt in their chosen profession. India TV takes a look at a list of top five who have really made a difference!
Raised in industrial town of Pune, Ruchi Sanghvi was 23 years old when she became the first female engineer at Facebook. Sanghvi led product management and strategy for Facebook Platform and Facebook Connect, and developed the news feed and saw the company grow from a small start-up into the world's biggest social network. In 2010, Sanghvi left Facebook to form her own company, Cove, which provides online collaboration tools for groups, with her husband, Aditya Agarwal. But the start-up was quickly snapped up by cloud file syncing and sharing company Dropbox, along with its founders. Cove's team– Aditya Agarwal, Ruchi Sanghvi, Akhil Wable and Joshua Jenkins – all joined Dropbox. According to Sanghvi it was difficult to break into the boy's club and she had reportedly changed her demeanor and style of working in order to better fit into the “aggressive” environment.
From Our Network
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Facebook rolls out ‘Hindi Transliteration’ feature to let users type in Devanagari
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut