Even as late rains delayed arrivals of seed cotton, the available moisture is likely to help increase yields and result in a larger than estimated crop, CAI said in a release.
If the monsoon withdraws during the next few days, a better crop can be expected, it said.
The output is expected to be good at 207.50 bales especially in the central region comprising Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh, compared to 173.75 bales last year.
Earlier, CAI had placed the cotton crop for the season 2012—13 at 356.75 lakh bales.
The annual cotton season begins from the month of October every year and ends in September.
From Our Network
- Modi to address rally in Saharanpur, BJP plans mega celebrations
- RJD to nominate Ram Jethmalani, Rabri Devi for Rajya Sabha
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- No, they weren’t on a date: Truth of Virat- Anushka’s late night rendezvous revealed
- Alia Bhatt turns hockey player for Shahid's 'Udta Punjab'