Gionee is one of the leaders of Chinese domestic market with No-2 spot in sales. They have a wide range of product portfolio with devices available in every product category including Java features phones. The Gionee Dream D1 has some amazing specs: a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Plus display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, a 1.2GHz quad-core Cortex A7 processor paired with 1GB of RAM. It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and has a 8 megapixel rear camera with LED flash.
On the other hand, The Micromax Canvas HD or the A116, is another quad core budget smartphone from Micromax. The Micromax A116 Canvas HD is powered by a 1.2GHz MediaTek MT6589 quad-core processor with 1GB RAM onboard, and PowerVR SGX544MP chip for processing graphics. It has a 5-inch HD IPS screen that sports a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and a colour depth of 16.7 million. The Micromax Canvas HD runs on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and features an 8-megapixel autofocus shooter that takes decent images in daylight. Let's do a detailed specs comparison.
Micromax Canvas HD A116 is a really slim phone-elegant, to be precise. It has a shiny yet non-slippery body. Unlike other budget smartphones, Canvas HD has a good build and does not feel cheap. Of course, it isn't the slimmest 5 inch smartphone, nor the lightest as it measures 10.7 mm in thickness and weighs 156 grams.
Dream D1 is sleeker as well as lighter than the Canvas HD, which is 8.6 mm thick and weighs 140 grams. Also, the Dream D1 has a texturized back panel that not only provides good grip but also prevents smudges. However, it comes only in graphite black and is not eye candy as compared to the Canvas HD.
Both phones come with high resolution displays. The Micromax Canvas HD A116 has a 5 inch display at 1280 x 720 pixel (high definition), which translates to 294 ppi pixel density. As compared to that, the Gionee Dream D1 comes with a 4.65 inch HD Super Amoled display. However, the exact resolution of Dream D1's display is not known right now.
We had no qualms about the display of Canvas HD, which was truly awesome for a handset priced at Rs 14,499 but the Gionee Dream D1's display is far better.
From Our Network
- Millions of Gmail, Yahoo accounts hacked; on sale for Rs 66
- Govt releases Rs 9,367 cr under MGNREGA to drought-hit states
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Ajay Devgn avoids clash with SRK but plans to go head-on with Karan Johar
- Manoj Bajpayee to promote his forthcoming 'Traffic' on 'Savdhaan India'
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- Former CIA chief who presided over 2011 Osama raid ‘poisoned’ by ISI?