According to the data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), motorcycle sales grew 7.45 per cent to 8,86,527 units from 8,25,050 units in the same month previous year.
Total two-wheeler sales increased 8.46 per cent to 12,06,937 units from 11,12,767 units.
Total sales of commercial vehicles declined 9.51 per cent to 63,218 units from 69,865 units, SIAM said.
Total sales of vehicles across categories registered a growth of 5.31 per cent to 15,61,104 units in January 2013 against 14,82,437 units in the same month of 2012, it added.
From Our Network
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query
- Shilpa Shetty-Raj Kundra love story (see rare pics)
- US to closely examine India's Chabahar deal with Iran
- Flipkart Big Shopping Days: 10 deals you should not miss