The Q10 is powered by a dual-core 1.5 GHz Texas Instruments OMAP 4470 mobile processor inside along with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB on-board storage. There is also a hot swappable memory card slot that can accommodate up to 32 GB micro SD card. Running the BlackBerry 10 OS, the phone has a 3.1-inch OLED touch display with a resolution of 720 x 720 pixels, resulting in a pixel density of 328 pixels per inch. The device's screen also supports multi-touch and under it rests a four row Qwerty keyboard.
The BlackBerry Q10 is 10.3 mm thick and weighs 139 grams. The phone is packed with a 2100 mAh Li-ion battery. The BlackBerry Q10 features a glass-weave material which is said to be stronger than plastic.
The handset supports fourth generation, or 4G communication networks, which are used for high-speed Internet access. It runs on BlackBerry 10, the company's latest operating system. It has an 8 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front camera, and comes with an internal storage of 16GB. It supports 1080p HD video recording.
The phone, which was first launched in the U.K. and Canada earlier this year, claims to have 14.8 days of standby time on 3G networks, with 13.5 hours battery life as talk time.
The Q10 supports quad-band GSM networks and packs dual-band WiFi network (2.4 Ghz and 5 GHz) along with Bluetooth 4.0. It has sensors such as accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass and also the GPS module with A-GPS support.
The BlackBerry 10 OS has been optimised to support variety of audio and video formats. By default, it supports the DivX and XviD video formats along with the WAV and FLAC lossless audio formats.
With Z10 and Q10, BlackBerry is hoping to revive its smartphones sales. While early sales have been positive, the company still has a lot to prove.
The Q10's arrival in India follows the launch of Google's Nexus 4 and Panasonic's first smartphone, P51, which both launched in the country in May this year. On Wednesday, Lenovo also introduced six new mobile phones to the Indian market.
From Our Network
- Mobile buying guide: Top 7 display screens; all you need to know
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Allan Donald quits as South Africa bowling coach
- #DUadmissions: Top 10 colleges of Science, Commerce and Arts
- Top 11 most popular Bollywood stars on social media
- ‘Beef ban’ to continue in Maharashtra but ‘beef possession’ not a criminal offence: Bombay HC
- SRK celebrates HNY success at St. Xavier's College, Kolkata (see pics)