Published reports suggest that the company will come out with two new Pulsars bikes, one larger and one smaller than the currently available Pulsar 200 NS. The first will be a bigger Pulsar, possibly powered by a 375 cc engine. On the other hand, the smaller Pulsar will be a 150 cc offering, a segment which offers strong sales.
Reports also suggest that the Bajaj Pulsar 375 will be based on the KTM Duke 390, which means that we now have a solid player in the affordable performance bikes segment in the country. The Pulsar 375cc variant will share design cues with the 200NS and will become the flagship product of Bajaj for at least next few years.
In terms of design and styling, the P375 will sport twin pod projector headlights as well as USD front forks and ABS.
Other similar details include the typical Pulsar aircraft type fuel lid, a similar cowl around the instrument panel and tank design that has a hint of that of the 200NS.
Reports suggest that P375 could feature a triple spark plug layout that is seen on the 200NS. The 375′s engine is likely to produce a power output of 38-42HP. The bike is likely to cost in the range of Rs 2 lakh.
Bajaj Pulsar 375 Speculated Specifications:
Engine: 4 stroke water-cooled single cylinder
Engine capacity: 373.2cc
Torque: 32Nm at 7,250rpm
Power: 41.5HP at 9,000pm
Dry Weight: 142Kg
Clutch: Hydraulic operated
Fuel system: EFI
Ignition system: Bosch EMS83.
(Disclaimer: The above shown image is what is circling on the Internet.)
From Our Network
- NIA court rejects Sadhvi Pragya’s bail plea in 2008 Malegaon blast case
- There is gold in Gir cow urine, claim scientists at Gujarat varsity
- Not just two, ancient earth had several magnetic poles: Study
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- President forwards Subramanian Swamy's complaint against Arvind Kejriwal to MHA