The company in a statement said that it has “deployed over thousands of mobile charging points in Airtel BTS (mobile towers) locations across 22 towns in the affected districts of Ganjam, Puri, Khurda, Nayagarh, Dhenkanal, Angul and Jagatsinghpur.”
It added that its mobile towers in these locations are running on alternative energy source and individuals would be able to charge their mobile phones from these locations till restoration of electricity in these impacted areas.
“A talk-time on loan service is also available for Airtel mobile prepaid customers particularly in the cyclone affected areas, who are unable to avail any recharge option,” it said.
Airtel's customers having mobile balance of below Rs 5 can dial *141*10# or call 52141 to receive an additional talk-time loan worth Rs 10, which is recoverable from the main account when the number is suitably recharged, the statement said.
From Our Network
- When Khans don’t why does Akshay Kumar act in slapstick comedy like ‘Housefull 3’? The Khiladi answers
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Grocery shopping, book reading and more: What Nawabi couple Saif and Kareena did in London (See pics)
- Watch: Wanted in India, Vijay Mallya enjoys IPL final in London
- Watch: After RCB lose IPL final, Gayle grooves to Michael Jackson’s tune