Mumbai, Feb 15: Gold recovered moderately at the bullion market here today on renewed stockists as well as local buying interest at existing levels following better overseas cues.
Silver also tracked the yellow metal to rise modestly on fresh speculative demand.
Standard gold of 99.5 per cent gained by Rs 110 to end at Rs 27,875 per 10 grams from Tuesday's closing level of Rs 27,765.
Pure gold of 99.9 per cent purity also rose by a similar margin of Rs 110 to close at Rs 28,000 per 10 grams as against Rs 27,890 previously.
Silver ready (.999 fineness) went up by Rs 140 per kg to finish at Rs 56,100 from Rs 55,960 yesterday.
In Europe, gold edged higher on hope over implementation of Greece debt deals amidst Chinese central bank assurance on helping to overcome eurozone debt crisis.
Spot gold bid up at USD 1,727 an ounce in early trade.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- 11 important facts you should know about Ravana
- 7 hottest avatars of Surveen Chawla, Hate Story 2 actress
- Gorilla killed after 4-yr-old falls into zoo enclosure
- What? Karan Patel cheated on Kamya Punjabi with Pratyusha Banerjee?